On Monday Morning I had a regular appointment with our family Dr. For Aiden's check up and Jacob Eczema.. She asked if we were getting our vaccines this week for the H1N1. This was the first week for Vaccines in PEI and the following list is who is available for the first round of vaccines.
Week of October 26th
- Health care Workers
- Household contacts of children less than six months
- Children six months of age up to school entry
- People with chronic conditions (under the age of 65)
- Household contacts and care providers of people who are immune compromised
- First Nations and Aboriginal Population
On Wensday Jacob and I went and had our vaccines done, Seamus will get his through school on Nov 3, and Scott is just getting home today from being in LasVegas and he will go an get his vaccine the first of next week. I feel really comfortable with the decision we made for our family.
My advice to anyone trying to decide what to do..to get the H1N1 vaccine or not is get all the information ask questions if you are unsure. Only you can make the right decision for your family.
For information on H1N1 in Prince Edward Island please visit this website http://www.gov.pe.ca/flu/