Saturday, June 13, 2009

Baby Aiden is Here

Our family has grown by two feet. Aiden James Edwin Judson arrived at 2:43am On Friday June 12, 2009. He weighed 8 lbs 211/4 inches long. He has a full head of dark black hair.

Labour and Delivery

My husband and I decided to go to the Hospital around 10pm Thursday evening. I had been feeling crampy since the morning. I was having contractions every 5 minuets. I was able to talk through the contractions. We got into labour and delivery and was monitored for 20 minuets. The Dr on call checked me and I was 2-3 cm, She told me it would be best if I headed home and Laboured at home she didn't think I would be back till the next day. Going home and sleeping in my own bed sounded great.

I felt a little nuts that in my third pregnancy I came to the hospital to soon, that one of the nurses said something to me about false labour. I started to not trust the signs my body was giving to me telling me I was indeed in Labour.

As we were leaving Labour and Delivery I had a bad contraction and stopped in the Hall to hang on to the rail. We live 15 min from our hospital it was a long drive back home. The contractions seemed more intense, I started to doubt that I was in labour. When we got home Scott ran a hot tub for me. He got into bed to get some rest. I got in the tub and the contractions seemed to be comming one after the other each one more intense. I barley got myself out of the tub and into our room. I could not get comfortable. I was in pain asking Scott what we should do. He finally said to me.. Mel listen to your body! If we have to drive in and back home 15 times than we will. He called the hospital and we were on our way.

At 1:30am we arrived at Labour and Delivery. We got hooked up to the monitors and the contractions were showing good and strong. The nurse checked me and I was 3-4cm dilated. The DR came in and we were talking about pain relief. I was clearly in pain and trying to breath through the contractions it just overwhelmed me this time they were so intense. I figured it would be a long labour so I asked for something that would let me get some rest. then as I progressed I would want an Epidural.

The Dr wanted to brake my waters before I got any pain relief medications. My waters were broken and there was mecconium in the fluid. The Dr then recommended that I get an epidural as opposed to the other Pain relief. this was at 2:30am. The anesthesiologist was with another patient and I was the next on the list. The contractions were coming stronger and stronger and they were continuous.

The nurse came in and checked me again and there was no time for an epidural I was fully dilated. I was in shock, pain, and I was terrified. Just as all of this was happening the anesthesiologist came in and was going to explain why he couldn't give the Epidural. The poor guyI Just looked at him and said "Look if you can't help me then you don't need to be in here".

We were rushed down the hall and into the delivery room. My baby was born at 2:43 am. 1 hour and 13 minuets after arriving at the hospital. No epidural or pain relief. Two pushes and he was delivered. He weighed 8 lbs even, 21 and 1/4 inches long.

Aiden James Edwin Judson

We came home Saturday Morning from the hosptial. I am looking forward to our routine and day to day getting back to the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.