- Always wash your hands before and after you make lunch.
- Remember to occasionally wash your lunch box or bag.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables before preparing to eat them.
- Keep meats, eggs, mayonnaise, and dairy products cool
- Use frozen juice boxes or freezer packs to keep lunch cool.
- Keep lunch boxes out of the sun and away from heat sources.
- Hot foods must stay hot to be safe to eat.
- Before adding food to an insulated container, preheat using hot water or chill with cold.
- Label foods in the lunch box, so your child knows what they're eating, and what goes with what.
- Wrap lettuce, tomatoes, carrot stick, and pickles separately from sandwiches or wraps to keep the bread or tortilla from becoming soggy.
- Pack a salad dressing or dipping sauce in small reusable plastic containers.
- Keep snacks portable by cutting them into bite-size pieces.
- put pre-moistened wipes in their lunch to clean hands before and after lunch, or add a paper towel or napkin.
G.I. Joe/ Army Party!
3 months ago